EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
Free Cybersecurity online courses for anyone. Everything from very beginner level courses to advanced. A great resource to augment your cyber security education in the the military or civilian sectors.
Complete list of their beginner level courses (All Free!)
DCITA develops and delivers current, relevant cyber training, accessible virtually anywhere and anytime,
that prepares DoD personnel worldwide to successfully execute their mission.
Students must meet ONE of these criteria: DoD service member, active duty, civilian, Reserve or National Guard on Title 10 status; or Federal agency Government employee. (FREE)
IN-RESIDENCE AND ONLINE
Students attend in-residence courses at the DCITA Schoolhouse in Linthicum, Md. Online training is delivered on the DCITA Portal (Learn.DCITA.edu), where students can access an array of educational resources, tools and technologies.
The DCITA curriculum offers courses organized into specialty areas. Since its founding in 1998, the Academy has recorded more than 19,000 student enrollments in DCITA courses.
Key curriculum topics Include:
Computer search and seizure
- Network intrusions
- Digital forensics
- Basic and advanced forensic examination
- Online undercover techniques
- DCITA confers DoD certifications in digital media collection, digital forensic examination, and cyber crime investigation.
Possibly the best way to take Cyber Certs on your own time for free. Free for all .mil and .gov email account holders/ CAC holders.
Another great resource to take Cyber certs via DHS
What is the benefit of FedVTE?
FedVTE helps train current and future government cybersecurity professionals, as well as U.S. veterans. To ensure a secure cyberspace, we must develop a technologically skilled workforce and an effective pipeline of future employees.
Who can take FedVTE training?
FedVTE courses are offered at no cost to government personnel, including contractors, and to U.S. veterans.
Who should take this training?
FedVTE courses range from beginning to advanced level cybersecurity courses. Check with your Department or Agency to determine if there are specific training requirements (e.g., DoD 8570, etc.) that you must adhere to.
NATIONAL INITIATIVE FOR CYBERSECURITY CAREERS AND STUDIES
“Cybersecurity certifications are valuable for anyone in the cybersecurity space, and NICCS has compiled a list of well-known industry certifications. Some are perfect starting points on your career path and others will help increase future career opportunities. NICCS wants to highlight those certifications in need which will help close the skill gaps in the cybersecurity workforce.” -from the homepage.
A very good resource to research more about Cyber certs, education and places to take the certs. (partnered with FEDVTE and DHS)
–Great interactive map with corporations that have classes in Cyber.
Great resource page HERE
Cyber and IT Training in the Mayland, DC and Virginia area.
For those who are currently involved in IT or desire to become involved with the industry, TrainACE is the established and award-winning training organization that provides excellent customer experiences, unbeatable prices and high-quality training.
TrainACE was founded in Greenbelt, MD in 2001 by Ralph Sita, Jr. CPA, and it has grown since then to become one of the most highly-respected IT training organizations in the industry. We are proud to be an American small business.
TrainACE has three training locations in the D.C. Metro area: Greenbelt, Maryland, Ashburn, Virginia and The Fort Meade Area in Hanover, Maryland. We also offer online and custom-onsite training.
TrainACE provides hands-on IT and cyber security certification training courses to teach the skills and knowledge required for today’s demanding and evolving IT and cyber security industries.
- Classroom and Self-Paced Online Training
- Live Online Training
- Custom Onsite Organizational Training
- Custom Training for Government Agencies
*GSA discounts available to Federal, State and Local employees*
For more information go to www.trainace.com or contact us at 301-220-2802 ext. 216
Tell them Rodney Walker sent you for a $15% discount.
VetsInTech supports our current and returning veterans with re-integration services, and by connecting them to the national technology ecosystem. VIT is committed to bringing together a tech-specific network, resources, and programs for our veterans interested in Education, Entrepreneurship, and Employment – the 3E’s!
- FBI Cyber Investigator Certification Program (CICP): “This self-guided, online training program is now available—free of charge—to all local, state, tribal, territorial, and federal law enforcement personnel.” “First responders interested in talking the course can access it through their Law Enforcement Enterprise Portal (LEEP) account.” (only for Law Enforcement personnel)
- Homeland Security Training for Cybersecurity Careers: “Training is essential to preparing the cybersecurity workforce of tomorrow, and for keeping current cybersecurity workers up-to-date on skills and evolving threats. The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) is committed to providing the nation with access to cybersecurity training and workforce development efforts to develop a more resilient and capable cyber nation.”
- A comprehensive list is available here
University of Maryland-University College
***bachelors, masters and certificates
1. Apply for admission at http://military.umuc.edu/admissions.shtml,
Active duty Army students apply through http://www.goarmyed.com
2. Pay the non-refundable $50 application fee (one time payment)
3. Explore payment options at http://www.umuc.edu/military/tuition/
4. View upcoming start dates at http://www.umuc.edu/students/calendar/
5. Select your first classes at http://www.umuc.edu/students/catalogs/
MS in CyberSecurity and other certificates in Cyber
Recent cyber attacks have highlighted the importance of cybersecurity. Organizations need professionals at all levels—not just in the IT department—who understand the technical, legal and business aspects of cybersecurity risk management, as well as how to safeguard privacy. Only the MS in Cybersecurity Risk Management from Indiana University will give you the unique—and valuable—ability to identify and mitigate a wide range of cyber threats in your chosen career path.
This degree program brings together cybersecurity courses from three of IU’s top-ranked schools—the School of Informatics and Computing, the Kelley School of Business and the Maurer School of Law. Students can earn an additional cybersecurity certificate from one of these schools while working toward the MS in Cybersecurity Risk Management, resulting in two valuable credentials.
In particular, your holistic training will prepare you to:
- Protect privacy and intellectual property
- Promote information and systems security
- Address cyber threats to national and international security
Apply today! (In state tuition offered for military and full online degree available.)
National Defense University
Cyber Leader Course (pdf)
icollege.ndu.edu/Academics/Graduate-Programs/Cyber-Leadership-Program/ Cyber Leader Program
**At this time this is for 04 and above
-discounted certs for US Army Reserve personnel
Get the certification that distinguishes you as having knowledge and experience in the development and management of an information security program.
*more a leadership centered Cyber cert than true coding, an advanced level certification (security+ and others are needed before acquiring this cert)
—free online certifications for USAR/NG, transitioning military (6 months or less) and some military family members via Syracuse University
—-see the website for the next sign up (very competitive so you need to be on top of the sign up)
*Security +, Java, Oracle and Network+ are just some of the free online classes you can take